Cabbage leaves (washed with water to remove salt)
Mince pork/beef (lean) 500 grams-1 kilo..up to you. This is optional. You can just use rice for vegan variety. Sunflower oil as needed for frying.
1 Tablespoon Vegetta stock/vegetable stock, Black pepper pinch or more , 1 Table spoon Cayene Pepper, 1 cup Brown rice. (For vegan dish add more rice).
- Remove the cabbage leaves and wash them in water to remove salt.
- Lightly fry mince so that it doesn’t look raw in the oil.*
- Add the flavoring ingredients. *
- On a wooden board place each cabbage leaf flat, (remove some of the hard stem; this is thrown in the pot as a filler) and roll up the mixed ingredients.*
- Place the rolls in a pot and any hard stems.
- Cover in warm water, bring to boil and then simmer until leaves are tender.
- When almost cooked fry some plane flour (2-3 tablespoons) in some sun flour oil, add 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper and pour into pot. Mix carefully with a spoon.
- Yummi with crusty bread or on its own. You can leave some for next few days or even freeze some.